- This event has passed.
Frankfort Fall Festival – October 14, 2017Benzie County
October 14 @ 7:00 am - 11:00 pm
Ready for some fun?
The annual Frankfort Fall Festival begins with a pancake breakfast hosted by the Frankfort Fire Department at The Hotel Frankfort from 7:00 a.m. – 11:00 a.m. After the conclusion of the pancake breakfast be prepared to enjoy the Fall Festival Parade, featuring the Scottville Clown Band, GIANT pumpkins, locally built floats and the always popular Mutt March (dogs and owners in costume).
Don’t forget to grab your 2017 Fall Festival Souvenir T-Shirts and Cinch Bags at the Frankfort-Elberta Chamber of Commerce booth the day of the festival or at the Chamber office 517 Main St. Frankfort.
Directly following the parade, a host of activities will take place in the Open Space Park:
• Mutt March Awards
• Live Music featuring The Scottville Clown Band will perform under the Big Tent, which also features Beer from Stormcloud, Wine, Mead from St. Ambrose and Cocktails from Iron Fish!
• GIANT pumpkins, squash and watermelon weigh-in. Cash prizes awarded for several weight categories.
• Kids 5-15 years of age can guess the weight of a giant pumpkin and have the opportunity to win a brand new BIKE!
• Back by Popular demand: Helicopter Rides – $55 per person. Departs from the Boat Launch parking lot at 10th and Main St.
• Pumpkin Ed will be on site to carve a giant pumpkin.
• Do you think you have an amazing Fall/Harvest-themed Recipe?! The Fall/Harvest-themed Baking Contest is back again!
• Starting at noon, judging for the Home Brew Competition at Stormcloud Brewing Co.
• Food Available in Open Space provided by the Frankfort American Legion.
• Free Wagon Rides through downtown Frankfort.
• First Congregational Church will host their Cake Walk at 1pm.
• Bid on some fantastic items at the Silent Auction 12pm-2:00pm.
• Who doesn’t love a Pie Eating Contest! (Register at 1:00pm – contest begins at 1:30pm).
• The Fall Festival would not be the same without the CRAZY Pumpkin Drop! 2:30pm near the boat launch. This year after the Drop, the Frankfort Fire Department will conduct a Jaws of Life Demo.
A wide variety of activities will be available from 11:00 a.m. – 3:30 p.m.: A Beer, Wine, Mead and Cocktail Tent (Open until 5pm) After the Scottville Clown Band, Bill Frary will play live until 5 p.m.
• Pumpkin Decorating, “Hillbilly Olimpiks”-the silly-themed obstacle course.
• Popular Kid’s Games and a Straw Maze will be set up in the Open Space Park.
• Pumpkin Decorating.
• NEW! Fall Craft Fair – Treasure Hunt – Petting Farm, Pony Rides & Bounce House!
• Participate in the Scavenger Hunt to win cash prizes.
• The Garden Theater will again host FREE showings of “It’s the Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown” at 2:00 p.m. and 3:00 pm.
• The last Magical History Tour starts at noon departing from the Benzie Historical Museum – Tour lasts 2 hours.
• Don’t miss the Oktoberfest Party to cap off Beer Week at Stormcloud Brewing Company. Music Starts at 8 p.m.
The returning BEER, WINE, MEAD and COCKTAIL TENT will be in the Open Space starting at 11 a.m. Celebrate Frankfort Beer Week with a fun Beer tent with Live Music featuring the Scottville Clown Band and Bill Frary.
If you need more information, please stop into the Frankfort-Elberta Chamber of Commerce Office at 517 Main Street, Frankfort, call 231-352-7251 or email firstname.lastname@example.org